Tuesday, August 18, 2009

RSS feeds and what's new

By locating one little orange symbol on web sites of interest I can receive news, sports results, travel deals, reviews and much more. straight to my computer and read at my leisure. Many of these can be tailored to my own requirements. I can keep up to date with professional work related happenimgs.

I could even create my own feeds by using the BBC News search engine!

1 comment:

  1. The BBC site has a huge maze of resources for all areas of your life. In my coffee and computers class this morning all of the customers -- age range 40- 80years, tried one of the surveys in the science - human area. I then sent the same link to a friend in Malaysia this evening. He thinks he is an "inscrutable china man" -- his description not mine. His score was 17/20 and my class ranged from 11-19/20. So maybe his assessment of people is not too bad. The link is http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/smiles/index.shtml

    I think blogging is an easier way of keeping in touch with a wider range of tools and ideas than emailing etc especially once you have sorted out a few choice places to focus on. It could be a good way of saving time as you rely on other people to arrange and sort things for you.

    ReplyDelete